If you’re lucky enough to visit Berlin on one of its rare sunny days, take the opportunity to spend the afternoon at one of Europe’s coolest pools. Located within the River Spree, right in front of the Arena Berlin stadium, the Badeschiff is a floating pool, an outdoor bar, an artificial beach, and an event space that fills up whenever the city’s typical rain or bad weather takes a break.
Suggested Read: Best Lakes to Swim in Berlin
The Badeschiff Experience: Prices, Access, and Facilities
Open since 2004, the pool operates within a closed area and there is a fee for access. The price is 7 euros, but students have a discount.
Once inside, there’s a place to change clothes and a locker to store your belongings while you relax. The artificial beach is a bit away from the pool but close to the bar and features chairs and loungers. It’s not allowed to bring outside drinks and food, but the bar prices are fair.
To use the pool, there are some rules – way too many, in my opinion, but, hey, you are in Germany! Minors under 16 can only enter if accompanied. Jumping into the pool or sitting on the edges is not allowed, and it’s mandatory to take a cold shower before getting into the water.
Taking photos is also prohibited. And if you can’t swim, be careful! The pool is 2.08 meters deep, but there are lifeguards watching all the time.
The place also features saunas with exclusive hours for men (on Mondays from 10 pm to 3 am) and for women (on Wednesdays until 2 pm).
The Badeschiff is only open in the summer, every day from April, starting at 8 am. In winter, the pool is covered.
You can book it for a private event as well.
Events and Activities: Making the Most of Your Badeschiff Visit
On specific days, Badeschiff hosts events like parties, concerts, and outdoor movie screenings. Its location makes these parties even more special because from there you get a panoramic view of the Spree riverfront.
The venue is known for its eclectic range of parties – from electronic beats to indie tunes. The floating pool area, with its panoramic view of the Spree riverfront, creates a mesmerizing backdrop for unforgettable nights.
You can check the event calendar here.
Suggested Read: Everything you need to know about the Mauerpark Flea Market
Practical Information for Visiting Badeschiff
- Address: Badeschiff is located in the River Spree, near the Arena Berlin in the Treptow-Köpenick district.
- Access: Easily accessible by public transport. The nearest S-Bahn stations are Treptower Park and Schlesisches Tor.
- Typically operates from April to September. Open daily from around 8:00 AM to midnight, but times can vary for special events.
- Standard Entry: 7 euros, but prices can vary based on events or time of day.
- Discounts: Reduced prices for students, children, and possibly other groups.
- Changing Rooms and Lockers: Available for safely storing your belongings.
- Showers: Mandatory before entering the pool, with cold showers for summer and warm ones in winter.
- Saunas: Operates with specific days and times for men and women.
- Safety: Minors under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Lifeguards are on duty, but ensure you’re comfortable with the pool’s depth (2.08 meters).
- Photography: Often restricted, especially for respecting the privacy of other guests.
- Food and Drinks: External food and drinks are not allowed. The on-site bar offers a range of options at reasonable prices.
- Best Time to Visit: Weekdays are generally less crowded than weekends.
- Weather Considerations: In summer, the pool can close unexpectedly due to bad weather. Check the weather forecast and the Badeschiff’s social media for updates.
- Event Schedule: Look out for special events, parties, and concerts, especially in the summer, for an enhanced experience.
Editor of Yes, Summer! I am a Brazilian journalist, writer, and digital nomad. I have been traveling the world, telling stories, and tasting local beers since 2010. I am the co-founder of 360meridianos, a reference in travel writing in Brazil, and author of the newsletter Migraciones. On social media, I'm always reachable at @natybecattini.